The FX network has become one of the most popular cable networks thanks to the many groundbreaking and critically-acclaimed original series the channel has been putting out in recent years. From It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia to Snowfall, from The Americans to Fargo, FX now boasts some of the best original programming on cable and something for everyone. Luckily, there are more ways than ever to watch FX online. FX now has its own dedicated app, FXNOW, but more and more big-name streaming packages enable FX streaming right to your favorite devices.
Want to stream FX without cable? Check out our list of five ways you can stream FX right now.
1. DIRECTV NOW
DIRECTV NOW is a great way to watch FX without cable. In fact, DIRECTV NOW is quickly becoming one of the most popular cable-free streaming solutions. For just $35 a month, DIRECTV NOW offers live streams of over 60 of the most sought-after cable networks.
- Over 60 live streaming channels including FX
- Plenty of options for upgrading to packages with up to 100+ channels
- DIRECTV NOW is completely contract-free
- Premium cable channels like HBO and Showtime can be added individually
- DIRECTV NOW is compatible with iOS and Android devices, Amazon Fire sticks and Kindle tablets, Chromecast devices, Apple TV, some Roku devices, or over a web browser.
New DIRECTV NOW customers can try the service with no strings attached with a seven-day free trial period.
2. Sling TV
Sling TV was unveiled in 2015 as one of the first completely cable-free streaming packages. Sling TV offers several different packages and single channel add-ons to let users customize their subscriptions to fit any needs.
- The basic “Sling Blue” subscription offers live stream of FX plus over 40 other channels for just $25 each month
- Sling TV does not require a monthly or annual contract
- Sling TV supports multiple simultaneous streams across multiple devices, making it a perfect solution for entire households
- Sling TV is supported by iOS and Android devices, most Roku devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox consoles, or over most web browsers
Have you tried Sling TV yet? If not, Sling TV currently offers a free seven-day trial of their “Sling Orange” package.
fuboTV is quickly becoming a household name in over-the-top streaming services. FuboTV initially began as a service to provide the best international soccer without the need for cable, but it has since grown into a great all-in-one television package.
- fuboTV’s base package includes an FX live stream, plus streams of FXX and FX Movie Channel
- Several different packages including a wide selection of international and Spanish-language content
- No contracts necessary
- Compatible with most streaming devices including iOS and Android mobile devices, Roku boxes, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast devices
- A basic package is just $35 a month
Want to see what all the fuss over fubo is about? Check out their free 7-day trial.
PlayStation has become much more than a gaming rig. With the PlayStation Vue streaming service, you can stream FX and dozens of other cable networks right from your PlayStation game console.
- For $35 a month, PlayStation Vue subscribers can access dozens of the most popular cable networks including a massive selection of sports channels
- Local broadcasts are available in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, and Miami
- A single Vue subscription provides support for up to five simultaneous streams on different devices
- Vue includes a cloud-based DVR
- Aside from the PlayStation consoles, Vue is supported by Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, most makes of mobile devices, and more. However, a few restrictions apply when using Vue on mobile devices
What list of perks would be complete without a free trial? New Vue users can give the streaming service a shot for five days.
5. FXNOW App
While there aren’t exactly any (legal) ways to watch FX online free, many cable subscribers might be surprised to learn that FX now has its own dedicated streaming app: FXNOW. Because hey, cord cutting doesn’t necessarily mean avoiding cable subscriptions altogether; while cable is nice at home, the FXNOW app lets cable subscribers take FX with them on the go. The FXNOW app requires users to sign in using their television provider and puts the world of FX content in your pocket.
- The FXNOW app is free to download and requires users to log in to their cable provider
- Offers live streams of FX, FXX, and FXM, plus loads of on-demand content
- Every The Simpsons episode ever is available for streaming
- Supported by nearly every cable provider
- Supported on iOS and Android devices, Xbox consoles, Roku boxes, Apple TV, many makes of Smart TVs, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV